Friday, August 20, 2010

It's a Parade

Yep. We went to the local parade and it was indeed fun. And hot. And long.

Things to remember for next year:
1) Set chairs out the night before. It feels wrong. It is wrong. But everyone else does it. We got there before 8:00am for a 10:00am parade. And we sat there amongst empty chairs that had been there all.night.long. The actual bodies for the chairs showed up at 10:01am. I'm doing that next year.

2) Even if I'm REALLY hot, don't wave my arms enthusiastically in the air in hopes that I get sprayed if I'm holding a toddler. No matter how hot he is, he will scream and cry as will the preschooler sitting next to him. And I'll feel bad. Really bad.

3) Tell the kids to eat as much candy as they want as they get it. I say this as I look at the full bowl (long forgotten) sitting on top of my refrigerator. And bring pails for candy collecting. It's more fun that way.

Feeling hot

Waiting curbside with Nanie Janie

They're coming, they're coming!

Bursting with excitement!


Local celebrity, Tenley

No comments: