This is likely not all that exciting to most of you, but I've gotten some questions from friends as to how I truly save money using coupons. I used to think it wasn't worth my time... why would I clip a coupon to save 50cents? But now I get it. And it's fun and exciting. Kinda like winning a blackjack hand in Vegas or even an item on ebay. Below are some photos of my recent finds as well as how I did it. The idea to to have a backstock of items so that when you go camping and need snacky foods you don't run to the store and pay full price because it's in the pantry. Or if you get sick and need medicine, you don't have to go to the store and pay full price because it's in the pantry bought at rockbottom prices. Toothpaste? Yep... back stock in the pantry.
How I did it:
Normally $7.99
on sale for $4.99
Used - Buy one get one free store coupon
Used - 2 $1 off coupons
Total Safeway - $2.00 (that's .25 cents each)! - savings 85%
Pasta was on sale for $1.25 each
They had $.50 cent off coupons hanging by the pasta.
I paired them with double coupons to bring them down to a quarter.
I had to do this one in 2 transactions because you can only use 4 double coupons per transaction. I had a very patient checker!
Thank you Kelleigh for the tip!
Total Safeway - $2.22 - savings 79%
Palmolive - $3.99 each
Dawn - $2.49 (looks a little empty because it opened in the bag on the way home... oops)!
The were discounted to half off and then I had coupons, which I doubled.
Wipes on sale for $1.66. I had four .50cent off coupons bringing me to $4.64. The cereal was part of a promotion where if you bought 5 you earned a gift card for $5.00 off your next order. I also had coupons for each item. So My total came to $6.95 for the cereal & crackers. I used a $5 gift card I had gotten from a previous purchase to offset the total and now I have another $5 off gift card in my wallet!

Safeway - FREE
Safeway - FREE
There is a promotion going on for the above... buy 5 pay $1.50 each. Then I had a coupon for every single thing except for one. And then I used double coupons. I also had $3 in coupons that printed out for me last time I went to Safeway off my next order so I used those too.
FUN! I did most of this with my awesome friend Sarah. Couponing is way more fun with a friend (and with 3 little boys home with Daddy)!
I will do another post soon, detailing how I learned all this fun stuff!
5 comments:
I love it!! I hit Safeway again this morning for more pasta and free Starbucks. I think I might go back for more Oatmeal and Nature Valley in a few minutes! OPEN your True Delights boxes!! I have been finding coupons in mine for .75/1 Oatmeal, plus a bunch of others!!
You are amazing!!!
NICE!!!
It is great fun! I never used to take the time either but now I do and kind of look at it like a game to see how much I can save! Just the other day I got a bottle of All laundry soap for .99!
It's addicting for sure...but look at all the money you are saving your family! It feels good when you find a great deal...is there a better feeling?!? Way to go! I've used some of your links on your sidebar to find some great deals, so thanks!
Post a Comment