Friday, April 30, 2010

Rocked it at Safeway!

I had a good trip to Safeway this morning... even with kids! Poor Spencer has an ear infection but has no fever or cough, so decided to brave a trip with him and Finley (even though I had kept Spencer out of school). Of course toward the end of the trip the pain returned, but he still did a great job of entertaining Finley for me.

Regardless, I think we did pretty good... see details below:

Total: .79cents - saved 94% (or $11.66)
How I did it:
Tortillas rang up at $2.29 each.
Windex at $3.50
Scrubbing Bubbles at $3.50
I had coupons for everything, plus there were store coupons for everything, plus I had the double coupon. Not bad!
I think I was also supposed to get a $2.00 Catalina on the cleaners, but it didn't print so I'll be calling them today to find out if it should have or where I went wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if I misunderstood the promotion. *edit* - I would have had to buy 2 Windex to get the Catalina... oops!

Total: $3.41 - saved $88% (or $26.01)
How I did it:
The Rice Crispies were on sale for $1.99 each
The Cream Cheese was on sale for at .49 cents each
The Kraft 100 Calorie Bites were on sale for $1.49 each
They were all on special and were good buys to begin with when you buy 5 of the cheeses (mix & match). But then, thanks to Kelleigh, who sent me some coupons... I had a coupon for every item, plus the double coupons.
Without sales or coupons, do you realize that I couldn't have even gotten 1 box of Rice Crispies for $3.41?
*edit* Should have waited until tomorrow to buy the Rice Crispies... I would have gotten back a $3.00 Catalina, making this transaction 41 cents! Oh well!

See why I'm addicted to saving money? This is fun!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Question.....what is Catalina??

Sally said...

They are coupons that print out of a machine called a "Catalina" machine after your transaction. Often times they are for money off your next grocery order.

Nadia said...

Is it weird that I'm getting a rush from your savings? I think that's when you know you've gone off the deep end of couponing...NICE WORK!