Friday, December 10, 2010

Gingerbread House time!

December 1st was our day to put together the Gingerbread House.  Costco made it embarrassingly easy this year.  In previous years the house came baked, however, I put it together with icing, we had to let it dry for a while and then the kids could decorate it.  Not this year!  It came all put together in the box, ready to go, and the boys and I put the icing and the candy on it together.  That was it.  Note for next year (and don't tell the boys I said this):  it doesn't come with enough candy.  

The kids had a blast decorating it.  Finley was a little confused as to why his brothers would hand him candy and expect him not to eat it.  Pretty confusing for a 2 year old.  But he was happy to sit in the middle of it all, and eventually Spencer & Hudson just started handing him candy without the expectation that he would actually put it on the house.  

Just getting started!

Working together

Mmmmmm... house of candy!
All done!  I have to mention something here about Hudson's shirt.  It was a hand-me-down from a neighbor.  His transformer shirt.  And he would wear it everyday if I let him.  Every.single.day.

Finley's not exactly loving kisses from his brothers

2 comments:

Kent said...

I love my boys! Thank you Sweetheart for regularly capturing their amazing lives. I love you!

Anonymous said...

We did the same Gingerbread house and loved it. Glad you got to put one together and capture great memories of the boys!