Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First day of school - Finley

It's so hard for me to believe that my baby is old enough for pre-school.  Today was his first day and he did fantastic.  When we got to school, I parked the car with plans to walk him upstairs to his classroom and release what I assumed would be my sobbing child to the woman who also taught Spencer and Hudson as 3 year olds.  My vision was so very wrong.

Instead, we parked the car and walked to the door where he enthusiastically said, "Good Moooooorning!"  And up the stairs he went.  All by himself without a glance back at mommy.  All grown up at 3 years old.

Rather than going home, I went to my workplace and had a leisurely breakfast of quiche lorraine and an amazing caramel latte as a customer (rather than an employee).  I was waiting for the phone to ring, for them to tell me he wasn't ready, that he was crying and that he wanted his mommy.  The phone never did ring and instead I picked up a smiley 3 year old.  I asked him what he did at school and he said, "eat."

Happy first day of pre-school Finley.  Mommy loves you.

And Mommy is happy that you can go to preschool to eat.

Photo time with Teacher Miriam (his Sunday school teacher) and/or Mrs. Staples (his pre-school teacher).  Yes, he is blessed to have her for both!
My big boy - all ready for pre-school orientation
Peek-a-boo... I see you!

Enjoying the indoor playground at school.  So nice for rainy days!
The kids each get a bucket with their name on it, instead of a backpack. 
All ready for his first day of school.  Spencer picked his outfit for him.
So hard to believe I have THREE boys in school now!
Come on Mom, let's go!
One last photo for Mommy.  Don't you love his little shoes?
Ready to go home after a great first day!

No comments: