Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Newberg Businesses

There isn't a lot of shopping in Newberg but today I did my best to support the few cool places we do have around town... most of them fairly new.  

This morning I took Hudson and Finley to a new little coffee shop in town called "Coffee Cat." The decor was bright and modern yet it felt cozy.  Somewhat like a trendy Portland coffee shop.  They serve several varieties of bagels as well as flavored cream cheeses, desserts, espresso (of course), breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, scones,  and the biggest biscotti I've ever seen.  It was kid friendly as well and there was even a little room off to the side of the entrance which was the perfect place to hang out with my boys.  I hope they get more toys - maybe I should donate some?  

This afternoon I decided to get out once again and headed to "downtown" Newberg with Finley.  I wanted to check out a new little wine bar called "Hip Chicks Do Wine."  They do wine tasting for $7 but since I had a baby strapped to my chest, it seemed somehow inappropriate so I passed.  It was a nice little place - I managed to pick up a couple of bottles of wine... we'll see what we think.  I definitely would like to go back and do some tasting sometime.  

On the way there I walked by a hair salon called "La Terrasse."  I was able to get my bangs trimmed with Finley strapped to my chest!  Yay!  I so needed that and it was totally spur of the moment.  Now I can see again!

From there I put Finley in the car and we drove to Niki Jane's boutique.  I hadn't been there since they moved to their new location.  I tried on some clothes, fully realizing that 5 weeks after baby is not the time to try on clothes... I settled on a chunky bracelet and a couple of hair accessories.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds so fun! I need to do something similar. We have a fun little street of shops just two blocks away, and I need to walk up there and browse, sans kids. There's a shoe store called The Ruby Slipper, and an art gallery called The Tin Man. Those alone are worth the trip, I think!