Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby Wearing

Baby Wearing appears to be one of my new found obsessions. Why?
To take from one of the baby websites of a particular baby carrier I've been drooling over, "Studies have shown that worn babies are safer, happier, smarter and more secure, among countless other benefits."

I love to carry Finley around and he loves to be carried. Doing this with my arms does not leave my hands free to tend to Spencer and Hudson as I would like plus it makes me arms, neck and back tired. I am most interested in finding a carrier where I can wear Finley on my back as I continue on my merry way completing house tasks, making dinner, designing greeting cards, and of course playing with my big boys. I THOUGHT picking one out would be easy but no... there's the mei tai with buckles, mei tai without buckles, there's the ergo, etc. Plus everyone who has one knows that their particular carrier is the best one on the market. :)
Here I am in a few of the carriers I have tried:


Moshi (borrowed)

Standard Swim Wrap

Baby Bjorn (this is what we used exclusively with the first two kids)

Moby #1
Moby #2


I have also tried a Silly Goose, but don't have a photo of that one.  My sweet cousin is willing to loan me an ergo... isn't that sweet?

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Sally, you look cute in all of them (even though i know that's not the point of wearing them) ha ha :o).

Sarah said...

I love all the pictures.