Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Old friend

It's been another busy couple of days. Yesterday we went to the children's museum for Toddler time. Spencer sat there with his eyes wide with wonder as the teacher led us in songs and stories. When there is music playing at home he dances and dances and dances, but at this class he watches in awe. The only time he participated was when the teacher told them to point at their different body parts. Spencer enthusiastically pointed at his nose.

In the evening my friend Chris from high school came for dinner and it was really great to see him. He's studying robots at Yale and expects to graduate and have a "real job" by the time he turns 40. I think he's really having a great time and enjoying being a student yet once again.

This morning we went to the indoor play park at Fulton Park. It was a little uncomfortable for me at first because my friend Michelle had left me a message at home (which I got after the fact) that she wouldn't be there and I didn't know anyone there very well. When I heard she wasn't coming I had a bit of momentary panic. Should I slip out now before anyone notices we're here? Then I remembered I was here for Spencer so he could play with other kids and found that after about 10 minutes I was making friends with the other Mom's and now I'm not afraid to go back next week regardless.

We had play group again this afternoon. The kids there were Gabby, Logan, Abby and Caddison. It was really nice to see them there and we had a lot of fun. Spencer followed the other kids everywhere - they are all about a year or more older so he's still learning how to play with them - but seemed to be having a great time.

No comments: