One morning a few weeks ago started like any other morning, except that I got an instant message from my friend Kim on Facebook. "Hi Sally - are you going on the Field Trip today?" I'm thinking... oh oh... what field trip? I go and look through Hudson's stuff and sure enough he has a field trip today. What can I say... he's the middle child? Gulp. So... I tell Hudson he has a field trip to the fire station and he promptly announces that he's not going to school today. I just kinda shrug... I mean... he is the middle child after all, right? He'll be fine. Just fine! He's my easy going well adjusted can do no possible wrong in a million years child. I decide to change out of my pajama pants to drop him off at school and pull my hair back into a quick pony tail.
We get to school and I go to drop him off and he looks at me like I'm insane. Apparently in his 4 year old mind, I was coming on the field trip. So there I am... no diaper bag, no stroller, I've not brushed my hair or teeth let alone taken a shower AND Finley and I have not had breakfast. But Hudson has made it clear... I AM going on this field trip.
So off we walk to the Fire Station. And you know, I'm SO GLAD I went. It was so much fun and I honestly feel like I would have missed out had I not been there to experience this. Added bonus... my friend Nicole took photos! Thank you Nicole!!! My camera was home... with my toothbrush, hairbrush, shower, food, diaper bag & stroller. But hey... obviously I needed none of that.
All the kids got to try out spraying the fire hose. Let me tell you... this was EXCITING! Especially for the cars driving by!
Good friend Dan got to dress up as a Fireman. Awesome! His adorable son, Jackson is trying to hide behind him.
Hudson giddy with excitement next to his buddy, Nolan. I think they held hands for 90% of the field trip! So sweet!
Sweet boys holding hands for the walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment