Last week, Spencer had his field trip to the Pumpkin Patch with his class. Apparently, from the parent perspective, it's competitive to get to chaperone the field trip. They only allowed 6 parents to go and had a drawing to see who would get to go. I won!
Wow... it had been a LONG time since I had been on a school bus. Add 5 other parents and 25 Kindergardeners from Spencer's class PLUS the all day Kindergarden kiddos in the rear and wow... let's just say I was exhausted by the time I got home.
I was in charge of Spencer and 3 of his sweet little classmates. The boys were really tight buddies and stayed close nearly the entire time. The girls were super sweet and I spent most of the day holding one of their hands if not both. I think it was a big step for these kids to go on a field trip without Mommy, if not a bit scary. I loved getting to know some Spencer's classmates a bit better. I just love these kids!
We went to French Prairie Garden's. This place was definitely outfitted for the Pumpkin Patch field trip thing. They did a presentation on Pumpkins that pretty much told the kids everything they ever wanted to know. They had a hay maze, where yes, I did manage to lose one child (don't worry, we found her and yes, she was looking for Spencer in the hay maze). We took a hay ride, we watched pigs & geese race, we found our perfect pumpkins and we saw Llamas and other animals. It was the complete pumpkin patch experience indeed. And we didn't even do everything!
I'm a little sad that as a family we didn't go to the Pumpkin Patch this year. It's not that we didn't get to go... I went twice in fact. Once with Hudson's class and now with Spencer's class... but I don't like that we didn't go all together. I guess I better put that on the list for next year!
Spencer and his good buddy from school.
Here come the pigs! The kids thought this was so funny and they yelled and screamed for their pig to win!
Spencer looking for his perfect pumpkin. I think he spent more time running through the patch than seeking his actual pumpkin.
Yay! Finally found the perfect one!
Posing on some haystacks with his friends from class.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun time! Field trips can be exhausting!
I LOVE the picture of Spencer & his pumpkin find!!! Those are all sweet pictures. :) :)
Post a Comment