Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Girls Beach Weekend - Fall

Earlier this month I went on what has become our twice yearly girls scrap booking beach weekend. We had a great time eating way too much, making beautiful pages for our scrapbooks and spending too much money at JoAnn's, a local scrap booking store and Safeway. For me the best part was building friendships with 6 other beautiful, dynamic, brilliant women. I had so much fun hearing stories and laughing. Here are a few photos from our memorable weekend.

I suppose I should have cropped these to perfectly center the sun in the frame, but you get the idea. Click on them to see them large... it was truly an extraordinary sunset (aren't they all)?

Grrr... now I have to interrupt my post with a blogger "issue." It won't let me do captions for my photos anymore. It just puts them wherever it wants which bothers me to no end. Any experienced bloggers out there who can tell me what the deal is? for now... I guess anyone reading this can simply figure out where my comments below go and go from there.

My sweet friend Sarah and I. She stands by me through thick and thin and is always there when I need her. She is my listening ear on hard days and there to laugh with me when fun things happen. I have been blessed in so many ways by Sarah and I know that she has touched so many women with her incredible strengths. Did I mention she's a great Mom with incredible kids? Yep, I love her.

The girls: Heidi, Kelly, Sally, Lecia, Sarah, Heidi, Sarah
Kent said we looked like a JC Penny ad with our similar shirts. Spencer noticed right away that your name must be Heidi or Sarah to wear jeans. Glad I have such observant men in my household!

To see my post on my last girls beach weekend click here.

Lastly, you can see some examples of some of my scrapbook pages... I completed out Disneyland scrapbook! To read about that trip, click here.















5 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Great sunset pictures...so beautiful! That picture of you and Sarah is very cute! I had a great time and it was so much fun to get to know you all a little bit better. Loved how your pages turned out...did you scan them in? They look kind of like digital scrapbook pages on the screen.

Sally said...

Thanks Heidi!
I taped them to the side of my house with blue painters tape (comes off the back easy) and took photos of them with my "good" camera. I used my portrait lens and wish I wouldn't have. I found that the bottom portion of writing came out more blurry than I would have liked. Maybe I should have used a tripod??? I'm glad we were able to go on this one together!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. The pictures of the sunset are amazing! I loved your pages.

Jen said...

Your pages look great! Glad you had a good time.

Rebekah said...

I'm jealous of your fall, girl's weekend. I was supposed to be going to my annual one right now, but I was voted out. Hans was sick, and even though he's better they all freaked out because of all the Swine flu stuff. Arg. My Dr. said it was mostly likely not Swine Flu since he's better and got better so fast. But they were all convinced that I was a carrier and might be shedding the virus. Oh my. If that is your attitude you might want to purchase a bubble.