Again, I took all the photos without a flash in my kitchen with my 50 ml lens. All in my quest to learn how to use my camera... all.by.myself. More so... this was a great opportunity for me to practice with my camera. As stuff doesn't move as fast as little boys do.
My cast iron skillet. I have no idea why it took me so long to get one of these. it cooks things evenly and as long as I use butter or oil, there isn't a sticking issue. I've used it for Eggs in a Window (pictured), Pineapple Upsidedown Cake and Cornbread among many other things. Yep, I used to cook on nothing but non-stick, but I think I'm a convert now. It lives on my stovetop. It makes me happy.
Pampered Chef Stoneware Bar Pan. Nope... it's not dirty... it's "seasoned." It's supposed to look this way. I use this for everything you would use a cookie sheet for. It's so easy to clean - just super hot water and scrape everything off. And it makes me happy.
My Le Crueset Tea Kettle. My Uncle Jim bought this for me for Christmas 2009. I can't say that it heats water better than any other Tea Kettle. But it has a whistle (my old one did not). The color just makes me happy. It's called "Flame." You'd think it was named by nail polish name creators. Wouldn't you? But I love it. It makes me happy.
Bowls. I like bowls. Happy bright colored, don't even match each other bowls. The ones on the left are from Crate and Barrel and not made anymore but are perfect for small correctly proportioned snacks. The ones on the right are called "Latte Bowls." I ordered them out of some catalog I got in the mail YEARS ago, called "Anthropologie." I couldn't resist them in the photo and ordered a set. 10 years or more later, I can't say that much of the original set exists. But the beauty of it is they still make them. And they opened a store not far from where I live. So as they break, $4'ish dollars buys me a new fun colored happy bowl. They make me happy.
Above my cupboards sit some more happy bowls and a simple word, "Imagine." It bring to mind a certain Beatles song, but it also forces me to pause and be reflective time to time. Should I be doing a better job nurturing my boys' imaginations? I think so. It makes me happy.
My pot rack. It creates space in my cupboard. And makes it so I don't have to fumble through a stack of pots and pans, subsequently waking the baby in order to get the pot or pan I need. It makes me happy.
Kent bought me this happy kitchen scale a few years ago. I do actually use it from time to time, like when a recipe says, "5 pounds of potatoes." But mostly it holds bananas for me. It too, makes me happy.
I use this cookbook a lot. Pioneer Woman Cooks. I'm still trying new ones and all the while enjoying repeats. Her writing is splendid as are her photos. It's sitting on a cookbook stand from Southern Living at Home. I love this stand. Even if I've not been cooking much, I can display beautiful pages from beautiful cookbooks. And that too... makes me happy.
I picked up this little Salt Bowl at Crate and Barrel not long ago. It makes me feel like a chef when a recipe calls for a pinch of salt and I can pinch it. I keep it full of Kosher Salt, which is funny. I thought Kosher Salt was for people who wanted to be Kosher. I was mistaken.
Batman and Spiderman anxiously awaiting breakfast while Mom flits around the kitchen taking photographs of said, favorite things. They make me soooooooo happy!
This sweet Cookie Jar is my Grannie's. It lived at my parents house for a while but before that it was on her kitchen counter. Usually full of Nutter Butters. I think of her every time I look at it. I love my Grannie. She makes me happy.
3 comments:
I love your pictures, they look so good! You posted one of our favorite breakfasts. :-) Okay, you have inspired me to start playing around with my settings too. :-)
I LUV them all!!!
This post made me think of things that make me happy, too! I loved it, Sally.
Post a Comment