Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Sweet Sweet Valentine's

I feel so blessed to have so many people in my house to love and who love me back. We had a nice Valentine's Day. I have these cute little mailboxes I put together last year for Valentine's Morning surprises. It's nice to do something for the kids that isn't from Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. This is from Mommy & Daddy 100%. We kept it pretty simple this year filling the boxes with notes from Mommy and little heart shaped gummy candy. We also did a scavenger hunt where the boys followed clues toward a building toy I'd picked up at one of my favorite stores (I had a credit there). And I gave the big boys small tins of chocolates. They were so excited to get their own chocolate!


Finley checking out his Valentine's (Nana & Bompa sent over Crayola Washable Markers - he was so excited)!


Giving his Valentine a Kiss

After breakfast we decided to load up in the car and head out to Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. One of the things I love about Oregon is that despite the rain, there is no shortage of things to do in the great outdoors as a family... and it's always breathtakingly beautiful! I was so happy it wasn't raining and we were able to wander around and watch for birds and other signs of wildlife. I was equally happy that it was FREE.


Kent explaining the rules of the trail. No running, no yelling, no throwing rocks. Perfect for boys!


A glimpse of the beauty we saw as we started on our walk.





A quick shot of me and my big boys. Why the braids? I really don't know... I guess Mom's of boys at some point feel they need to find their inner girlyness. Hence the pink sweater.


Mommy loves a close up of her boys...


... even if one of the boys is only humoring me


Family portrait. Note to self: save for one of those bendy tripods that are good for hikes. The park bench simply wasn't cutting it here.


Quick Spencer! Let's get one more timer photo in!


Hike, hike, hike


He's free, he's free!


Sweet boys


I love it when my boys take care of each other

My guys
More Oregon beauty


Self portrait... maybe full zoom was too much?
In the interpretive center. We told the kids it was the museum and they had all sorts of things the kids could wander around and check out. Did I mention it was free?


Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Jolene Brown said...

What a great trip!! It looks like so much fun there, we'll have to go. I LOVE your pictures too, great job Sally. What a beautiful family! xo

Heidi Boos said...

What a fun day!