Sunday, March 21, 2010

Boys are gross


If you're eating, you might not want to read this story.

I have boys. Three of them in fact. I grew up with a brother and two boy cousins who may as well have been my brothers. I love them dearly and growing up we spent nearly everyday together building memories and just being kids. Maybe that's why God knew I could handle boys? I remember them doing gross things, none of which I'll go into so as not to embarrass them! That said, nothing could have prepared me for a conversation Spencer had with his doctor at his check up last week.

The conversation went something like this:

Dr. S goes to look in Spencer's ears.

Spencer: "Sorry I have so much ear wax in there."
Dr. S: "Well... you know what's good about ear wax..."
Spencer: eyes wide... excitement building... "What... you mean... it tastes good like snot?"

Oh my dear child who believes snot is a delicacy. I've not caught him in such an act in ages... so obviously this is either based on memory or is reserved for when Mommy isn't looking. Dr S laughed so hard I thought he was going to fall off his stool. He was crying in fact. He assured me that this was going in "the books" and assured Spencer that it would soon lose it's appeal.

With 3 boys, I can hardly wait for what's next!

1 comment:

jimbizzle said...

SOOOOOO FUNNY! Molly and Patricia were cracking up when I read this to them. Thanks for sharing!