Yesterday marked Kent's and my 8 year anniversary! How time has flown? We decided yesterday that the perfect way to celebrate would be to take a "staycation" to our old stomping grounds with the kids. Which meant keeping Spencer home from school. We went hiking at Tryon Creek, had lunch at Chez Jose (hello Squash Enchiladas... oh how I've missed you) and wandered through our old local supermarket. Funny that all these things were within walking distance of our old house. Oh how I miss that! We also drove by our old house and saw that a new garage had been added on and the house is now yellow! I do miss the charm of that old house... all 808 square feet of it. From there we drove across the river so Kent could check out a local brewery called Hopworks (I stayed in the car with Finley and Hudson who had fallen asleep while he and Spencer looked around). Then we decided to go and check out Voodoo Doughnut. What a crazy place! Kent had a Maple Bar with Bacon on it (ewwww) and Hudson chose one with M n M's completely covering the top. Spencer and I went more traditional and Finley got lots of bites. The kids loved it! Here are a few photos of our fun day in the great outdoors!

Our family

Spencer praying for a dead mouse we saw on the trail

my three sons

Our little independent hiker. He didn't want to hold anyone's hand, be carried or be guided in any way. Didn't he JUST turn 2???

So proud!

Hudson

Toothless grins make mommy happy!

Exploring Nature

Taking time to check out the little things

Beauty

Love the difference in size
Finley demonstrating our Ergo carrier
2 comments:
Great photos. I love the photo of your family!! It turned out with everyone smiling and looking at the camera!! Well done. Happy Anniversary!
Nice! I'm a fan of everything you mentioned in this blog including those three boys of yours. They are getting to be so big! The one place I haven't tried is Voodoo doughnut. I think I might be the only person in Portland who hasn't been there...
Post a Comment