Thursday, May 07, 2009

Spencer & Hudson's Room

We have a new addition to Spencer and Hudson's room.

I wish I had a before photo, but I neglected to even think of taking one. Ah well.

This dresser has been in my family since I was a little girl. It was in my parents room for the entire time I was growing up and I have lots of memories attached to it. I remember our cat used to try to jump up top and wouldn't quite make it... there are marks on the dresser itself showing the kitty claw marks as he tried to push his way up.

Kent removed the old outdated brass knocking knobs and sanded the dresser down, spray painted it blue over the old dark varnish (gotta love spray paint) and added brushed nickel hardware. I just love how it turned out! Here are a couple of photos of the finished product in the big boys room.  He did such a great job!  Now we just have to change out the boys beds so they each have a head board and a foot board and their room will be complete... until I decide to change it around again, of course.  The darling banners hanging over my boys beds were made by my friend AnneMarie as baby gifts.  Isn't she talented?  She is now a professional florist for Market of Choice (oh how I wish we had one here like we did in our old neighborhood)!  Click on her name to check out her great blog!  

And while I'm giving credit, Kent did the great Buzz Lightyear painting on the wall as well as the one hanging to the left of Spencer's bed.  I am so blessed to have an "in" with some very creative people!

Click on photos for detailed view (maybe you'll find those kitty scratches).



5 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute! I will call Kent when I have something to spray paint.

Unknown said...

i love it! i am in the process of starting to paint and actually do something to Addy's room since we moved in a year and a half ago (my excuse: f/t teaching and Sylvie). Not only is their room adorable but it is reminding me to take a before picture, before it is too late...

Jen said...

Hey, I was gonna say "So Cute!", but Sarah beat me to it. So I'll say, "Wow! I love the bright colors!"

Andrea said...

Thought I had replied, but guess not!! I LOVE THIS ROOM! Can I come to a sleep over with your boys? (Or maybe my boys can come play with your boys - how fun would that be?!?)

Rebekah said...

Love it!