Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vacation Wrap Up

May 16th, 2009

On our final day of vacation we went down to Mimi's for breakfast (yum) and then went back to the room to pack up which seemed to take FOREVER.  Mom and Dad headed to downtown Disney to shop, shop, shop and once I put Finley down for his nap I took the big boys down to the pool to swim one more time.  I don't say one "last" time because I know we'll go back!  Our flight went just fine (yay) but once again, Finley didn't fall asleep until the last 1/2 hour or so.  Hudson kept saying, "I don't want to fly on the plane, I want to go to Emma & Jackson's house!"  He didn't seem to understand that this was how we get home.  This was not just another Disney attraction!  Hudson did fall asleep eventually and we landed on schedule back at home sweet home!  Here are a few photos of our great pool at our wonderful hotel.  We definitely plan to stay there again!

A few words about our hotel. The lobby was so cute... very very retro - fun lights and crisp decor. The staff was very friendly and personable as well. There was no restaurant (no breakfast) but a great little gift shop where you could find all kinds of snacks and food items for whatever you need. We spent a fortune here in milk for Finley... he's at that age where he just can't get enough! Our beds were VERY comfortable and I'm picky as I have the BEST mattress in the universe in my bedroom at home. Apparently they replaced all their bedding in most of their rooms recently. We also had a great view of the Matterhorn at Disneyland and thus an awesome view of the fireworks. And according to my family, boy oh boy could you hear them too! We were on the top floor and I NEVER heard anyone else in the hotel. We were also next to the freeway which I loved. Having the constant flow of traffic was calming and helped everyone to sleep well. Great fan noise too for those who sleep well with the sound of fans (us). But the pool (oh the pool) let's just say it'll be hard for us to stay anywhere else again. I honestly don't think the boys will let us. When I ask Spencer his favorite thing about Disneyland he says, "Splash Mountain and the Pool." I think he thought our hotel was part of Disneyland. I can see why.

Please click on any of the photos to see detail.

The lovely view from our hotel room.  


Over view of the pool.  Pirate ship to the rear (hot tub beyond that).  Warm 1 foot pool in the front (this was where Hudson hung out).  Turtle had water running over it and spouts shooting into the air all around it.  Spencer found that if he stepped on one it would build pressure then he could jump back and it would shoot high into the air.  The orange mushroom thing to the right also had a constant flow of water over it that the kids could stand under.  Good times!





Every so often (not sure how often) a bell would chime and the bucket would dump a TON of water all over the kids below.  It did get Hudson once when he least expected it and he was not pleased!  It took Spencer a little while to get the guts to go stand under it.  But once he did he thought it was the best thing ever.


The bucket is actually tipping back up in this shot after dumping water.  


Another view of the ship with the slide off to the side.


A close up of the water dump... if you look closely to the right of the blue poles & netting, you can barely see Spencer running.


Spencer triumphant after the big water dump!


Hudson shooting the water guns from the ship


Spencer in the ship


Another one of the water guns


Colorful Crocs... I don't wear mine often, but they make great pool shoes.  My kids on the other hand, live in theirs.  

No comments: