In honor of the beginning of Autumn I thought I would make a list of things I WISH we had done this summer and a list of things I'm GLAD we did this summer. Hopefully, come June, I will review this list and see what we can get done next summer. I will end my lists with some fun photos from the summer that may or may not have shown up in my blog previously.
SUMMER THINGS I WISH WE'D DONE
1. Go to one new park per week
2. Raspberry, Peach & Blueberry Pick
3. Make more jam (only made Strawberry this year)
4. Preserve more in general
5. Do one art project & one science project with the kids per week
6. Go to Champoeg
7. Go camping with just our family
8. Go to the zoo once every 2 weeks
9. Go to the Children's Museum once per month
10. Visit OMSI
11. Spend a day in Vancouver with the cousins
12. Go hiking
13. Eat dinner in the backyard
14. Put Bark dust in backyard
15. Install Gate in backyard
16. Go to the beach once per month
17. Use ALL my zucchini
18. Paint the unpainted walls in my house
19. Go to my parents house more to float on the lake
20. Go to family swim once per month
21. Check out the Old Fashioned Festival
22. Go to lots of Farmer's Markets
23. Do weekend morning donuts in the park
24. Plant more herbs in bigger areas
25. Plant more wildflower seeds
SUMMER THINGS I'M THRILLED WE DID
1. Got together with High School friends & kids several times
2. Went River Rafting with GREAT friends
3. Visited a few parks
4. Went to the Zoo twice
5. Made Strawberry Freezer Jam
6. Went Strawberry Picking LOTS
7. Went Camping with the Cousins
8. Swam in Fairview Lake with Spencer
9. Went to Disneyland (okay, technically that was the end of Spring)
10. Stayed at the beach with Kent's family
11. Visited my friend Amanda's farm
12. Spencer did swim lessons
13. Spencer had golf lessons
14. Vacation Bible School
15. Planted our garden
Here is a random collection of summer doings... in no order in particular. I realize there are A LOT but someday, I plan to have my blog printed & bound and I will want them all right here.

2 comments:
OK, I wanna do numbers 1,5,6,12 and 16 with you next summer (from your first list) :)
It was a great summer and I look forward to spending next summer with you too.
Post a Comment