Friday, September 04, 2009

Zoo, zoo, zoo!

Boy... it's been a LONG time since we've been to the Zoo. Several times I've planned trips and have changed my mind. Too hot out, no one to go with, one of the kids doesn't feel good, etc... I'm good at excuses. But today we finally went... just us four and it was fabulous! The kids did GREAT. They stayed close, they were excellent listeners and Finley was perfectly content in his stroller (yay)! I think we've finally hit good ages where going places and doing things won't be such a chore for this Mommy! It was not an inexpensive day by any means... on the way there I realized our Zoo pass had expired (oops)! I also talked myself into a Pumpkin Spice Latte & breakfast sandwich on the way... all the while telling myself that I won't be cranky if I have these treats. It worked. We also got an Elephant Ear to share (yum). Spencer did explain to me that it wasn't *really* an Elephant and as we walked by the kiosk after devouring his treat he yelled at the cashier that we would be back next time. On the way out because the boys were *so good* I took them into the gift shop to look around. I did allow them to each pick out a $3 flashlight (practical, right?) and Finley chose a blue stuffed snake that I'm certain he needed. We had great viewings of Hippos, Zebras, Elephants, Polar Bears & Penguins. We also saw the Tiger... very exciting for the boys. The Zoo was under a pretty extensive remodel so we didn't get to see Monkey's and Alaska is gone to make way for more Africa. But it was neat to see the cool renovations underway... when it's done it's truly going to be fabulous!


My Three Sons!


My fierce Lions


The Monkey's were off display, so we brought our own!


Yay for Elephant Ears


Spencer really enjoyed this. Hudson was more interested in eating his Goldfish crackers


Yay for Hippos!


"Riding" the Elephant Tricycle


Mammoth Skeleton!


Big Little Boys


This was how Finley spent most of the Zoo trip... contentedly in his stroller. What a good boy!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

It has been WAY too long since we went to the zoo.

Looks like you had fun

Heidi Boos said...

The zoo...ALWAYS a fun place for the kids!! At our last visit, Austin really took to the animals. You could tell by his screams of excitement. Glad you had a fun (and stress-free) time with your boys!