meandering ideas and photographs from a devoted wife, stay at home mommy, and part time chef who is only trying to do her best
Monday, December 14, 2009
Gingerbread House
I remember when I was little the only person who had a Gingerbread House was my second cousin Tim. I thought he was so lucky that his Mom could make him one of those. I think my true jealousy was because I was certain that not only could he gaze at the amazing candy house, but he got to devour it all on his own. Now of course, there are Gingerbread House kits in all the stores taking the guess work out of it all. My Mom was kind enough to pick this kit up at Costco and the boys had a blast decorating it together. Finley was content sorting the pretty colored candies into a bowl and back out again. *personal tip for next year* It is possible to assemble on a platter rather than the tacky white tray (my opinion) that comes with the kit. Looks prettier on my countertop that way. Still... I can't help but look forward to throwing it away! How come now I just look at it as a stale candy house that takes up room on my countertop and not a tasty creation to be devoured? I am thrilled at how much the kids love it though... even though they will never eat the whole thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sally, I need to post comments more often because your blog makes me smile every time I read or see the new pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment