Pretty exciting day here! The kids have been expecting for it to snow all winter. I think because it snowed on Christmas last year, they thought that meant it would snow this year too. We got quite a surprise today when the snow started coming down and didn't stop. I'm figuring we must have gotten around 4-6 inches today. We played in it early in the day thinking it was all going to melt but it stuck around and only started to snow more and more, much to our surprise. Once Finley woke from his nap, I could hardly wait to take the boys outside to see what he thought of it. He was so much fun. He didn't cry at all and for the longest time he just stood there in awe of it all. The kids had so much fun that we spent an hour out there playing straight! We came inside to make dinner and Hudson passed out on the couch almost immediately. I felt so bad... I made a quick dinner because I knew he was really hungry but he just couldn't stay awake long enough! So bed time for Hudson was 5:30pm! Wonder what time he'll wake up tomorrow? (edited to add: Hudson woke up at about 5:30am the next morning... not bad, especially for his "morning person" personality Mama!)

Swinging in the snow

It was really great packing snow... perfect for playing!

Cheese!

Spencer's turn

My attempt at a nice photo of the 3

Finley stood just. like. this. For a very long time. I wasn't sure if he knew he could move. I think he was just really in awe of what he'd woken up to.

My sweet baby

And he's still standing there

Do you think he'll move soon?
Hudson walking through what looks like a blizzard!

Happy Snow Boy! Look! He moved!

Once Hudson and Finley got cold, Sarah suggested I bundle them up in the wagon.

Jackson, Avery, Spencer, Emma & Jessica enjoying the snow

Same group of kiddos, rolling a gigantic snow ball. Too bad both of their snow balls were too huge to assemble into a snow man... they had fun trying!
2 comments:
Great pictures. I hope it is still here in the morning.
The snow was so much fun! I love the pictures of the boys and their sheer joy!
Post a Comment