I picked him up a pair of socks at Target the other day for a dollar that had a frog on them. He likes fun socks so I thought he'd love them. He looked at them and said, "I can't wear those... that's the frog from a princess story... you know, the one the princess kisses... yuck!"
So all of this brings me to a quiet afternoon on Thursday.
Spencer: Mom can I watch My Little Pony
Me: We don't have My Little Pony
Spencer: Then how about Barbie Dream Castle?
Me: Uhm... we don't have that one either
Spencer: Can we get it?
Me: Laughing... I'll see what I can do.
Mental Mom list:
All things Princess or remotely related to Princesses is OUT
Bright colored Ponies and Rainbows, and unrealistically proportioned Barbies in Castles definitely IN
It's no wonder I can't pick out socks for my 5 year old. Now if only I could get him to watch Grease with me when he gets older. :) Is there hope for this Mom?
Another funny random thing I wanted to mention pertains to Hudson. Lately if he's excited about something... anything... he pumps his little fist in the air jumps up and shouts "yippee!" in his little 2 year old voice. He just simply exudes excitement and it brings me great joy every time. Emma & Jackson are coming over, "Yippee!" We're having lunch now, "Yippee!" Pick up your Toys, "Yipee!" (okay, maybe not that last one).
I can't wait until Finley starts saying and doing silly stuff too. His main trick is a half shrug with his arm in the air in greeting. You know he's thinking "for goodness sakes, would someone just pick me up already?"
Our house is destined to be a non-stop place of funny peculiarities and non-stop laughter. Especially with these three silly boys. I'm lovin' my boys.
1 comment:
This is super cute! Kids truly do say the cutest things and this will be priceless to look back on when he's older.
Post a Comment