Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Hudson!

Today Hudson turned 3!  Our day started out normal enough, except for a rough night of sleep... but Hudson woke up happy and excited that it was his birthday.  We started out with Daddy making waffles, but we quickly realized that Hudson wasn't feeling quite himself.  A doctor visit later that morning confirmed that poor little Hudson was indeed fighting a double ear infection.  So now that we're past that... I'll tell a little photo story of our fun day!

Hudson and his new Pirate Ship from our family.  He just loved this toy... definitely a hit!  Spencer and Finley are pretty impressed with it as well.

Once we picked Spencer up we headed off to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm for the Tulip Festival.  This is an event we try to head out to each and every year.  The colors are so vibrant and spectacular... it's a place I think everyone should visit.  We almost didn't go due to Hudson's ear infection, but his antibiotic coupled with a dosage of Motrin, brought the bounce back to his step and he was ready to enjoy his special day!

Please click on any of the photos you'd like to see large to get the full impact of the beauty of this place.

Here are ALL my boys.  :)



Spencer and Hudson in front of a beautiful display.


They had a kids area with bounce houses and such.  Spencer was most interested in this parachute meets bungee jumping contraption.  He was so excited and totally loved it.  He kept begging the operator to make him go higher.  The man finally relented and immediately we heard Spencer shriek, "get me out of this thing!"  He was so scared but at the same time he was loving every minute of it.  




As we left the "kiddie area," Kent noticed there was a lady painting the kids faces and asked the kids if they wanted to do it.  Hudson was so sweet sitting there and it was pretty special that it was the nice lady's birthday too!


This was our best attempt at getting a "nice" shot of the boys together.  Sometimes you get what you get.


Our family


Spencer and Hudson both fell asleep on the way home.  They were exhausted from their day (and Hudson from his ear infection, I'm sure).  Finley (the one who needed a nap) stayed wide awake all the way home, of course.  Here is Hudson snoozing away on the couch once we were home.  I love a sleeping kid photo!


We went to Red Robin for dinner that night.  Our best friends happened to be going there too with Dan's parents so it was a bit of a last minute party but it truly made Hudson feel special.  Thanks Fosters!  Here is Hudson enjoying his ice cream next to his buddy Jackson.  


I think our birthday boy might have had a good day despite his ear infection.  Happy Birthday Hudson!  You bring so much joy to our lives.  We love how you smile everywhere you go and the way you talk to your baby brother in a super high pitch voice.  You exude joy and are truly such an easy kid.  You are a character and we are so very proud of you.  

6 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a wonderful day! What a sweet boy. Glad he felt better. That tulip farm is gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Hudson! I totally love the tulip pictures and that one of Hudson makes a GREAT 3rd Birthday picture! WOW! Looks like the day was a hit and I'm glad he perked up. Stinks about the ear infection. Man I love those smilie boys!! (Oh and the hair pulling picture made me smile!)

Heidi Boos said...

Oh, it looked like such a great day! We headed to RR for M's birthday dinner, too (on Wednesday)! Gotta love those free kid's meals and ice cream sundaes! ;) I can't believe I never knew how close in age our kiddos were.

Love the face painting and the tulip pics are great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day!

Jolene Brown said...

Cute pictures! Happy birthday Hudson! :) I love the one with him fast asleep with his sweet little face painted. :) I hope your family is feeling better!

Zhenya said...

We MUST visit this place soon before it is too late. Thank you for reminding me of how beautiful this place is.