
I've always liked this particular branding of stuff. I think it's because the message is so simple, yet it means so much. Their slogan? "Life is Good."
This past week I had much to ponder. Much much more than my anxious little brain really wanted to get itself around.
The brief run down is a week ago Tuesday, I went in for a routine Mammogram. Why? My Mom had her first (of two) experiences with breast cancer at the young age of 43. Because of family history only, my doctor told me that he thought it would be a good idea to get a base line. Wednesday I got a call from my midwife explaining that the Mammogram came back with an area of calcifications that they wanted to take a closer look at. I went in Thursday for a more magnified Mammogram and was told that there were two areas of calcifications that looked different and required a biopsy. I was in shock. Complete shock.
Tuesday I went in for the biopsy. I was scared on so many different levels... it's hard to explain.
The last few days I have had many many ups and downs. Periods where I was absolutely certain everything would be okay. Then about 5 minutes later I would feel like my world was crashing down and I'd burst into tears. Then I'd suddenly feel better again. There was no rhyme or reason... it was just this emotional roller coaster that just would not stop.
OH AND THE important part... I almost left it out... My biopsy came back clear... no breast cancer... YIPEE!!!
What have I learned?
Compassion - I hope I can be there for others as they go through tough times like this where they are so scared they don't know what to do with themselves. Also compassion for those living with cancer.
I have Friends and a great family - Sounds silly, doesn't it? But like anyone, I go through times where I feel a bit lonely but it has never been clearer that I have a HUGE community of people who love me for who I am.
God is Good - He took care of me and prayer certainly got me through this. I have been praying for a stronger sense of Faith and I'm getting there.
I love my boys and my husband to pieces - The thought of possibly leaving them was so daunting I can't even describe it. I knew that even if it was cancer that it would be early but still... I was scared. Really scared.
Xanax - Wow - that stuff really works.
Mammograms are good - Yes, there were times I wished I had never gone and gotten one. But they are indeed the earliest and best way of detection.
Thank you to all my friends and family who were here for me... even in the smallest of ways.
Every e-mail and friendly check in meant so much to me. For those who had no idea... I really just told the people I ran into without planning to... I would just blurt it out at random. So it didn't mean I felt any less close to you - it just kinda rolled out with my punches.
Here are a few photos of my boys... my world... my life (which is GOOD)!
3 comments:
Again, thank you Lord!
I'm sorry you had to have such a scare! Makes you count your blessings, though! So glad you are just fine!
What a great post and such great news!
We all have so much to be grateful for in this life.
Post a Comment