Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday and in honor of her great day I can't help but post this photo of her and baby me:



And to be fair... here's one of my Mom with her hair done. :) Isn't she groovy?


10 things that make my Mom great:
1. She has taught me amazing things about about being a mother
2. She loves her Grandkids to pieces
3. She loves to babysit my boys every chance she gets
4. She takes an unwavering interest in whatever my interests happen to be at the moment
5. She is an excellent role model in her marriage to my Dad
6. She says it like it is (no guess work here)!
7. She introduced me to God and church and all the amazing things that come with it
8. She taught me the importance of tradition with my children
9. She is an awesome travel partner
10. She loves me and my husband and offers us amazing support.

Happy Birthday Mom!


6 comments:

Jolene Brown said...

I love this post! So sweet, Sally. You and your mom have such a special relationship.

Heidi Pender said...

Wow Sally--you look so much like your mom--beautiful!

Andrea said...

Such a wonderful post! :) Happy birthday to your mom. :)

Heidi Boos said...

Oh, Sally! This is such a sweet post in honor of your mom's birthday. I have only met her a couple of times, but I can already tell that your sweet spirit definitely comes from her. I love seeing mom-daughter relationships that continue to stay strong and get even stronger. I look forward to having that own relationship with my daughter, as my mom and I are extremely close as well! Happy Birthday to your mom! I look forward to getting to know your mom more.

Rebekah said...

I love it when we get to that certain age and realize how great our mothers are. Does it happen when we have kids of our own? Then we extend all sorts of grace toward our moms, realizing just how great they really were at their jobs......hoping our children feel the same and extend grace to us? I think so.

PS She is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

yes you and your mom definitely got that beauty thing going on! I too sent a "top 10 list" to my stepmom for mothers day. yay!