Sunday, June 28, 2009

Worth Mentioning

Because this blog is kind of a record of life in general... I have to blog a bit about Michael Jackson.  

My assorted memories of Michael Jackson... the incredible singer and dancer who tragically died a couple of days ago are as follows:

Dancing to his music and singing in our living room in the 4th grade with my friend Sarah Golobay.  This was to the Thriller record (as in vinyl).  There were no cassette tapes then or CD's.  There were 8 tracks but I only knew one person (Heather Wilson) who had that...

Doing the "Moon Walk" in our socks across the kitchen floor with my cousin Aaron.

My friend Cyndi Cherry (who was known as Cindy then) and her Michael Jackson buttons in the 6th grade.

Captain Eo at Disneyland... this was my first 3D show and at the time I thought it was absolutely amazing.  I wish they still had it there.  

Watching the Thriller video.  I simply remember being amazed by the dancing.  I also remember watching Beat It.  

And who can forget "We are the World."  This song was sung by an amazing list of people... 

The Michael Jackson I think of, is the one in the Red Zippered Jacket with the white glove... we thought he was so very cool!

Now that I'm older, my favorite songs of his have to be the ones of him as a kid as part of the Jackson Five.  Songs like "I'll be there" and "ABC."  His voice as a kid was just as amazing as that once he was an adult.

My favorite songs of his are as follows (these have been on my ipod for the last 3 months or so): 
Black or White (such a cool video, too)

Some other fun Michael Jackson stuff:
Don't stop til you get Enough (Seinfeld Montage).

Oh and for those who never saw the movie 13 going on 30 this is one of my favorite Thriller dances.  It just kind of shows how his music resonates straight on through to my adult hood.

No comments: